This position is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of market research projects. Executives work closely with clients and S+R staff (Associates, Managers, and Directors) in all phases of market research. Executives contribute to business development by delivering excellent work and by establishing relationships with key members of the client team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative market research projects
- Works directly with clients to understand their information and business needs
- Builds client trust as a knowledge expert
- Manages all phases of research with little oversight, including project set-up/design, fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Coordinates with research associates, data/analytical specialists, moderators, managers and directors in project execution.
- Works closely with Managers and Directors to develop conclusions and implications based on research findings
- Contributes strategic thinking and actionable client solutions, including creating strategies for clients to be reviewed and supported by senior team members
- Assists in development of proposals, including defining research objectives, outlining scope and timeline and itemizing budgets
- Designs qualitative and quantitative research instruments
- Delivers client-ready reports for review by Senior Manager or Director, with findings, implications, opportunities and recommendations
- Manages projects including budget responsibility
- Overall successful project delivery
- Creating and monitoring budgets and costs for jobs
- Data integrity and quality of reporting
- Managing project timelines
- Delighting clients in terms of service, support, and quality of work
May either directly or indirectly supervise Associates and/or external vendors, depending on the account team structure.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent plus 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.